Poprzedni temat :: Następny temat
Informacje z FASA
Autor Wiadomość
Cryingorc 
Czeladnik VII Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-01-30, 17:28   

Nie zamierzam kupić nic starego. A nowości to mało zapowiadali? Kampania w Landis, Legendy i bohaterowie, Królestwa elfów...

Habib 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Smok Karatenga

Wysłany: 2013-02-01, 08:38   

A Fasa coś zapowiada nowego? Nie mówię o reedycjach starych podręczników, tylko właśnie o nowe pozycje. Ja, jak jeszcze RB wydawał ED, to czekałem głównie na Landis i Kroniki (chyba tak to się miało nazywać) o tym co się działo po Prelude.

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-02-06, 10:17   

Odnośnie Lost Dynasty (przygoda w Landis), Hank ostatnio napisał na FB, że zdąży napisać do 1 kwietnia. Wielkiej kampanii (kontynuacji Prelude to War) raczej nie będzie, a przynajmniej nie jest aktualnie w planach, jak to określił James Sutton. Kampania to był pomysł Dammiego, a Dammi... wiadomo.

Habib 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Smok Karatenga

Wysłany: 2013-02-06, 11:15   

No nie powiem, że się nie spodziewałem.
Dekadę czekam na wydanie czegoś co pchnie fabułę do przodu i nic. Mimo, że BaW 2ed była bardzo dobrą pozycją, to jednak do oficjalnego kanonu się nie zalicza.

A na Landis się doczekać nie mogę. Rozumiem że będzie to wydane pod EDR?

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-02-07, 08:19   

Habib napisał/a:
A na Landis się doczekać nie mogę. Rozumiem że będzie to wydane pod EDR?

Tak. Na trzecią edycję nie mają już chyba praw.

Crying wspominał też o Królewstwie Elfów i Legendach. To pierwsze było wspominane za czasów ED3, że jest w planach, to drugie to było zapowiedziane jeszcze, gdy był Classic. Legendy to generalnie miał być zbiór legend na wzór "Legend Przebudzenia Ziemi", można było zgłaszać nawet swoje pomysły :)

W ogóle zapowiedziano masę materiału przecież jeszcze do ED na Savage Worlds i Pathfindera...

Szkoda gadać.

Habib 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Smok Karatenga

Wysłany: 2013-02-07, 09:44   

Sethariel napisał/a:
Legendy to generalnie miał być zbiór legend na wzór "Legend Przebudzenia Ziemi", można było zgłaszać nawet swoje pomysły :)

Pamiętam. Miałem nawet podesłać im jakąś legendę, którą wymyśliłem.
O Elfach to jest trochę materiałów tych oficjalnych i tych mniej oficjalnych. Ja to pamiętam, że Iopos bodajże było zapowiadane. To by było coś.

Cryingorc 
Czeladnik VII Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-02-07, 14:25   

Ja nawet wysłałem im legendę, a dodatku ani widu ani słychu.

Cryingorc 
Czeladnik VII Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-02-16, 21:34   

Gamemaster's Guide ma być w drugim kwartale tego roku.

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-02-17, 00:07   

Tia, a w marcu będzie "nowość". Mgły Zdrady. Yeah!

http://www.fasagames.com/...sts-of-betrayal

Habib 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Smok Karatenga

Wysłany: 2013-02-17, 12:49   

Darowaliby sobie wypuszczanie starych przygód. Ile można.

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-02-17, 21:35   

Ostatnio co napisał Steve Black:

"Plans are underway to move the Barsaive setting forward in the future. Of course some questions remain such as is Barsaive at War and Barsaive in Chaos by LRG canon or not in our timeline that need sorted through to move the setting forward. However, Earthdawn Third Edition Revised is about keeping the game in print after Earthdawn Third Edition has gone OOP with the Mongoose Flaming Cobra license having ended. The PG, GG, and the Adventure Compendium adventures that haven't got any reupp in a long while are the current plans for ED3r."

Cryingorc 
Czeladnik VII Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-02-17, 23:03   

Tylko po co się tak spieszyć z tym rozwojem linii fabularnej? Ja bym wolał widzieć np. "Terror in the Skies Revised". Chyba im to na forum napiszę.

mystic 
Czeladnik VII Kręgu
Emeryt

Wysłany: 2013-02-17, 23:12   

Złośliwiec :)
Ale to w sumie mój ulubiony typ humoru - pisz śmiało.

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-11-23, 23:22   

Nowy Line Editor Earthdawna się przedstawia i zapowiada nowości w 2014... i że zapowie więcej o nowościach już wkrótce.

http://www.fasagames.com/...an-introduction

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-12-13, 23:07   

Nowy edytor linii się przedstawił, a teraz przedstawia się Earthdawn Fourth Edition.

http://www.fasagames.com/...-coming-in-2014

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-12-14, 02:20   

I kilka cytatów...

Carsten Damm napisał/a:

I've just seen the announcement for Earthdawn Fourth Edition over at the FasaGames site with mixed feelings.

On one hand, I'm very glad the game is actually continued--and they resurrect three of the projects I started back when I was still Line Developer (Elven Nations, Passions of Barsaive, and Travar: The Merchant City). That the work we put into these isn't going to waste after all is a great relief to me (and likely to the authors). The tagline "Development is also under way on new, original sourcebooks--the first in nearly five years." is a bit off though, as we released the Cathay books in later 2010/early 2011 (unless these don't count as new material).

The Revised 3rd Edition they put out in the meantime didn't seem to work out (which has not even the Gamemaster's Guide out as far as I can see), so I can understand the notion to go for a fresh start and a set of new rulebooks. Of course, that means fans need to buy into yet another edition of the game without getting anything new other than a few rules updates and a small timeline tweak. (Fourth Edition is kind of misleading, as it is actually the sixth edition of the game (1st@FASA, 2nd@LRG, Classic@RedBRick, 3rd@RedBrick, 3rdRevised@RedBrick/FASAGames)--which outshines even Shadowrun, which has seen substantially more material and rules development than Earthdawn in all those years.

All that said, I hope this thing does not turn into another disaster. However, selling the same old thing to the dwindling community fed up with rulebooks seems like a monumental task.

In any case, with this particular cat out of the sack, I think its safe to share the thoughts we had a couple of years ago about doing another edition at some point in the future. We were very aware of the problem mentioned above, and didn't believe a Fourth Edition was going to happen for a good number of years. Which was good, because we planned to use that time to develop a completely new approach to the game (tentatively called FourthDawn in the old team).

Here's the general overview. Before continuing, I should probably stress this:

Please note that the following descriptions ARE NOT for the planned Fourth Edition by FASAGames!

Earthdawn: Fall of the Fourth Age
The title of the series will be "Earthdawn: Fall of the Fourth Age", opposed to "Earthdawn Fourth Edition". Its more subtle and mark the drastic change of the series, as it is a much larger setting featuring a completely new game system. The setting will rise from local (Barsaive) to world (Theran Empire) and make a leap a few centuries into the future. The playground increases and gives us a whole new area to play with. While the line takes a completely new direction, it will keep the older editions intact and valid instead of overwriting everything. We'll still be able to publish sourcebooks for ED3 if we want to.

Core Rulebook
Contains setting information on the falling Empire, presenting the isle of Thera in detail and the Nations as capsules. Includes a sample adventure to get the game started.
Apart from that, it features all the rules needed to play; character creation, talents, equipment, etc. Also a set of playable races, which will be expanded with the nations books. Opposed to previous editions the number of Disciplines will be fixed (they'll cover more ground to start with, so there'll be no need for expansion).

Gamemaster's Screen
Since ED3 didn't get one, we definitely do one right away.

Creatures of the Fourth Age
While the Gamemaster's Guide contains a good number of creatures, spirits, and Horrors, this book will take it further and probably focus on the various provinces.

Nations of the Fourth Age (multiple volumes)
This will be a series of books, each detailing one of the nations (Vasgothia, Marac, Creana, Barsaive, anything across the sea, and so on), including local races. Each book should also contain an adventure or campaign framework.

Adept's Handbook
More Talents, Spells, equipment, magic items.

Mysteries of the Fourth Age
Gamemaster's book for secret societies, politics, schemes, arcane happenings, and Dragon/Horror conspiracies.

Epic Campaigns of the Fourth Age (multiple volumes)
These books contain adventure frameworks centered around an epic theme each. Being adventure frameworks, these books are more epic in nature and allow each GM to adapt it to his group and style. It also allows us to tell more stories.

Again, please note that the above descriptions ARE NOT for the planned Fourth Edition by FASAGames!

Back in 2011, I've been working on more detailed descriptions/outlines for each book summarized above (especially the core rules and history, parts of which had been in development for quite a while). Its a bit sad to see that this angle is not followed through now, though. On the other hand, this approach had its own risks as well.

Carsten Damm (o Travarze) napisał/a:
Well, the book was completed at about the same time I stepped back as Line Developer (timing on such things is always unfortunate), so I am glad it is coming back. It probably wasn't published earlier because of all that Savage Worlds/Pathfinder development in the meantime, dunno.

Josh Harrison - Edytor Linii ED napisał/a:
LRG based their Barsaive at War on the original BaW outline (with some changes) that made the rounds after the first edition was discontinued. The developments I have in mind are based on the same starting conditions, and will be influenced by the original plans, but there are going to be some differences between the ED1 plan, the LRG version, and the ED4 version.

Josh Harrison napisał/a:
I have my first edition book (and ED Companion) right here with all the others. I have been looking at how some things were originally done as I've been making my way through the rules. Some rules stuff is going to end up a bit more like earlier iterations of the rules.
Ostatnio zmieniony przez Sethariel 2013-12-14, 02:20, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-12-14, 09:37   

http://www.fasagames.com/...-fourth-edition

Josh Harrison napisał/a:
The core dice mechanic -- the Step System -- will remain largely unchanged, and the concepts of Disciplines, talents, thread magic, and other such fundamental game concepts will also remain.

Where we are looking to improve the game is to try and simplify some of the more complex rules, at least with regard to their explanation if not in actual execution. We're also hoping to bring a bit more attention to some of the game aspects that are important to certain character concepts, but are not very well supported by either the rules or GM advice.

There will be the inevitable revisions to individual talents, or the talent selection available to individual Disciplines. Some spells and magic items will see tweaks. All of this is being done with an eye toward helping actual play. Game balance is a nebulous thing, and is a little different for every group, but it is my hope that the books will give you a good set of tools to play Earthdawn.

Habib 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Smok Karatenga

Wysłany: 2013-12-14, 12:25   

Ja się cieszę. A najbardziej mnie cieszy, że Barsaive at War będzie kanonicznym podręcznikiem. ;]
Mogę spać spokojnie.

Kot 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Wędrowiec

Wysłany: 2013-12-14, 22:21   

Jak zwykle, czytanie Dammiego i "jak to miało być" wywołuje jeszcze większą niechęć do neo-fasy. :|

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-12-15, 00:51   

Habib napisał/a:
Ja się cieszę. A najbardziej mnie cieszy, że Barsaive at War będzie kanonicznym podręcznikiem. ;]
Mogę spać spokojnie.

No tak nie do końca :)

"...there are going to be some differences between the ED1 plan, the LRG version, and the ED4 version."

Habib 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Smok Karatenga

Wysłany: 2013-12-15, 02:54   

Nie no, doczytałem. :)

Tylko cieszę się, że jest jakiś postęp w storylinie.
I jestem ciekaw jak to wyjdzie. Bo z tego co czytałem, to wiele 'znaków zapytanie' ciągle jest.

Cryingorc 
Czeladnik VII Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-12-20, 18:01   

Fajna wiadomość. Ja się jednak wstrzymam z kupnem jeszcze z rok, do czasu wyjścia Fourth Edition Revised. :roll:

Ani mnie to nie grzeje ani nie ziębi. Pożyjemy, zobaczymy co im wyjdzie. Od obietnic i planów do gotowego produktu długa droga. A musiałby to być super produkt, żebym rozważał jego kupno.
Ostatnio zmieniony przez Cryingorc 2013-12-20, 18:04, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  

Sethariel 
Opiekun X Kręgu

Wysłany: 2013-12-21, 22:50   

Pierwszy zwiastun: http://www.fasagames.com/...n----preview-#1

W zapowiedzi:
- Łączenie talentów robiących podobne rzeczy w jeden (np. Impressive Shot, Impressive Strike, Performance oraz Impress teraz jako talent Impress)
- wywalenie Tabeli Sukcesu (zamiast tego poziom sukcesu za każde +5 powyżej Poziomu Trudności)
- Wywalenie Przebicia Pancerza (zamiast tego bonusy do Obrażeń za każdy Poziom Sukcesu)

Kot 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Wędrowiec

Wysłany: 2013-12-22, 12:00   

Cryingorc napisał/a:
Ja się jednak wstrzymam z kupnem jeszcze z rok, do czasu wyjścia Fourth Edition Revised.

Ja wstrzymam się z kupowaniem podręczników do czasu aż wyjdzie coś nowego, a mechanika będzie nowoczesna, grywalna i dopasowana do świata. Czyli w sumie na zawsze. Akcje rb/neofasy odstraszają mnie od systemu skutecznie. Już teraz wiem, że raczej nie będę go więcej prowadził, lepiej bawię się z Pathfinderem. Pograć? Może, ale na pewno nie w czwartą edycję, zarówno ze względu na to że nie ma komu zrobić jej dobrze, jak i na fakt iż nie mam ochoty wspierać w żaden sposób firmy, która przebiła dno jakiś czas temu, a obecnie drąży w głąb z prędkością Espagry.

Habib 
Opiekun IX Kręgu
Smok Karatenga

Wysłany: 2013-12-22, 12:35   

Mnie właściwie mechanika nie obchodzi. Ta z 3ed jest ok, parę rzeczy poprawiłem i to mi wystarcza.
Ja chcę tylko storyline. Na to czekam i mam nadzieję, że się nie zawiodę.

Odpowiedz do tematu